Yard Waste, Keep it Clean!
Yard Waste Collections
Collections are on your normal pickup day
2020 Yard Waste Collections Ending
Week of December 7-11, on Your Regular Pickup Day
- Always use biodegradable paper bags.
- Remove dirt, stones, litter and other debris from your leaves.
- Close the bags by folding them top down.
- No sticker is necessary during the yard waste collection season.
- Leaves in plastic bags will NOT be collected.
To order a GREEN top Yard Waste cart contact the Customer Service Center, 724-776-4806, option 3.
Biodegradable Yard Waste bags are available for purchase from Customer Service. Five 30 gallon paper bags for $2. Biodegradable paper bags are also available at most home improvement and hardware stores. Plastic lawn bags are not biodegradable.
Acceptable Yard Waste: plant material such as leaves, grass clippings, small branches under four inches in diameter, brush, plants, house plants, flowers, roots, shrubbery, hedge trimmings, tree trimmings, sawdust, and similar debris commonly found in the course of maintaining yards.
NOT Acceptable Yard Waste: food waste, fruits and vegetables, tree limbs over four inches in diameter, tree stumps, firewood, soil, sod, dirt, lumber, construction material, plastic bags, children’s plastic toys, garden hoses, plastic flower pots, scrap metal, auto parts, motor oil, tires, rocks, bricks, stones or concrete chunks, excrement, and synthetic material.
Christmas (live) Tree Collection: Check the calendar for collection dates.
- Trees are picked up on your regular collection day.
- Remove all ornaments, tinsel and lights.
- Cut tree into 4 foot sections.
- Do NOT place in plastic bags or carts.
You can compost your leaves, grass clippings, food scraps. Use the natural process of decay to change organic wastes into a valuable humus-like material called compost. The Township and the Butler County Master Gardeners often host composting classes. Read their presentation and watch for future class dates.