ReachDeck is a digital inclusion toolbar (from Texthelp). (It used to be called Browsealoud.)
ReachDeck provides speech, reading and translation support tools which can help make information on websites easier and more accessible for people.
- Text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- Translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages (translates text into 99 languages and can read aloud in 40 languages)
- Text magnification – enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation – converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- Screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- Web page simplifier – removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- Settings: customize options to suit individual needs or preferences
How do I get ReachDeck?
To launch ReachDeck, click on the tan box (with the ReachDeck logo) at the top, right side of every page on our website.
You will then see a dark toolbar appear at the top of the page.
There are several icons (images) on the toolbar. Each button does something different. If you click on the ? icon on the toolbar it will bring up a list of what each icon on the toolbar does.
Watch the video to learn more about the ReachDeck toolbar and how to use it.