More about a CTPA Membership
Benefits of Membership
- HAVE FUN & GET EXERCISE: CTPA is all about having fun and being able to play with friends. Many games are available with fun in mind.
- EXCLUSIVE HOURS: CTPA Members will have exclusive court hours and access via their membership cards. We ask all members to display their cards during CTPA times.
- CLUB RATING : For more level style playing CTPA offers three ways to obtain a Club Rating.
- COMPETITIVE PLAY ASSURED: Because of ratings, you are assured of playing against players of a similar skill level. Our new C & C rating system will give you tournament level competition where your rating will be determine by your wins/lost in special match, ladder and other style of defined rating play.
- PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: If you want to improve your skills you have to do the drill! CTPA which will provide opportunity for drills, clinics, and lessons to help you get to the next level.
- INDOOR PLAY: CTPA will have discount rates for indoor play at the Cranberry Township Municipal Center. This Fall & Winter we will offer an assortment of limited indoor play on three courts. We also have limited evening hours available at another location. Our goal is to someday put a dome over our outdoor courts to allow for four season play. We hope that day comes soon.
- EXPANDING PICKLEBALL: As a member, you are helping to pay off the debt for building the new eight courts, and meet our goal to build more courts. We have the space to expand to another 10 courts but must raise the money to do so. Your membership helps in this effort and to further expand pickleball to other in the area.
- LARGEST PB CLUB: CTPA is one of the largest pickleball association in the state. There are few PB organization that provide a wide range of organized play to satisfy players of all skill ranges. CTPA does this and more.
- All this for less than $8 /month.: One of the lowest price association membership fee offered in Cranberry Twp Parks & Rec for a 12 month membership.
Pickleball the way you want it. ONE MEMBERSHIP but a lot of ways to play.
New Members Classes & Assist Program
We encourage people new to pickleball to start with our PB-1 class to learn the correct way to play pickleball. We have taught hundreds of people how to play the game and the class includes a paddle and ball to get you started. When you join CTPA we created a new member assist program staffed by experienced CTPA volunteers to help introduce you to the courts, in how to sign up for sessions and will have their own court times available for you to get playing quickly in a no pressure environment.
Open Play - Fun Play
From our recent survey we discovered that a lot of players just want to play for fun & exercise and have little interest and even dislike playing against players who are very competitive. This is why we have expanded to wide variety of games that are played with fun fitness and friends. Games like UP/DOWN Split, Winners stays on and split, round robins and other games allow for a fun experience and the ability to play with friends of different skill level.
More Serious Play
We are one of the few PB clubs in the Tri-State area that offer players three different options to obtain a "Club Rating". You can get your rating from IPTPA, USAPA or our own C & C (Clique & Club) rating system. See rating procedures for more details on each of the rating system. But what it does is assures you quality level play against opponents for equal skills and many opportunities to play against players better than you in match or ladder play. We have members who live several hours away because they can be assured to be able to play against for equal level vetted through our rating system. In fact with our new C & C rating system, it will over time rank you among all other members in match style type play with a internal rating that will increase or decrease based on your wins/lost.
IMPROVING YOUR LEVEL OF PLAY!
We provide a variety of classes and clinics that focuses on making you a better player. First from developing the correct techniques and they helping you to build on these skills. The better you get the more you enjoy the game.
WE UTILIZE RATINGS IF YOU WANT ONE!
If you are a casual or social players you do not need to get a rating, but if you want to improve your game playing others of the same level (and the opportunity to play better players) then we encourage our members to obtain a rating. We offer three ways to get a rating:
- IPTPA certified rating: We will host 3-4 IPTPA rating sessions per year. See the International Pickleball Rating Association Opens a New Window. web site for details.
- USAPA rating: Obtained by playing tournaments
- C & C rating: This is an independent rating agency that utilizes the results of matches done within our association. See pickleballratings.com Opens a New Window. for more details.
WHO ARE OUR MEMBERS?
About 15% just want to play for fun. They have no interest to be rated or even care if they win or lose. They are there with Friends, having Fun and getting Exercise.
We have another 15% of our members who are very serious about the game. Pickleball is a passion and they want to play very competitive matches, focused on improving and a lot interested in tournament play.
And about 70% of our member want the opportunity to test their skills in match & ladder play and want to improve to get to the next higher "Club rating". But they also want to at times have fun and play in a no-pressure environment in games like UP/Down-Split, Round Robins, and Challenge Courts. .
ONE MEMBERSHIP but a lot of ways to play. PICKLEBALL the way YOU want to play.
CTPA MembershipOrder CTPA Membership here Opens a New Window.
Online Membership Registration is openYou can also order your membership in person at Cranberry Twp Parks & Rec Customer Service opened M-Thur 8:30AM to 9PM, Friday 8:30 to 5PM, Saturday 9AM to 5PM.
| Cranberry Resident, $85
| Non-Resident. $90